- We are situated in Kangasala, which is a small town of 30 000 inhabitants in southern Finland. (More about Kangasala: http://www.kangasala.fi/foreign_visitors/in_english/)
- Tampere, the third largest city in Finland, lies just 20 km from Kangasala.
- The capital of Finland, Helsinki, is only 160 km south of Kangasala.
- Our high school has about 350 students aged 16-19, and about 25 teachers.
- In addition to the compulsory courses we offer a wide range of optional courses. More information about the Finnish school system see http://www.oph.fi/english/SubPage.asp?path=447,4699
Special course selection
- language selection: English, Swedish, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian
- special courses in sports, arts and music, i.e. adventure sports in Lapland, a course in architecture and a band course
- applied courses, for example, in drama and IT
- European School Network (www.esnetwork.eu) enables short term group and individual exchanges for students and teachers
- We run a student exchange project with our partner school in Bollate, Italy, every year.
- We also offer two international camp weeks in Germany for 2-4 students every spring.
- The downhill skiing course that we offer in Åre, Sweden, has been very popular.